In short: Our goal is to replace most of the Thai grocery departments with affordable locally homegrown organic pesticide-free fresh leafy greens, soft fruits, herbs and micro greens of superior quality all year round. The Business Development Manager will play a critical role in helping to establish the next phases of Varmers.
Varmers is a Bangkok based collaboration between different cultures where Dutch technology and Thai ingenuity are combined. Together, we are trying to change the Thai food landscape for the better.
To do this, we have created our own technological approach and our own modular construction system which allows us to build and maintain new vertical farms every few months. Every vertical farm will have multiple products based on the Thai population’s and the grocery store’s needs.
The Thai population is waiting for this shift. The population is growing, outdoor farming is stressed under rising temperatures and long droughts, the outdoor farmers are moving to big cities to earn more money and smaller cities are rapidly developing into mega cities. This combined gives us the opportunity to build indoor farms fast yet responsibly and to professionalize the farming landscape while maintaining a profitable business model.
As Varmers approaches its first phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
We are looking for people that want to be part of this journey and can contribute with knowledge, skills and solutions.
Work Schedule – 9am-4.30 pm, some weekends and OT may be required
This job can be: full contract.
- Leads and grows account relationships with some of the world´s most innovative multinational companies, small and medium-sized companies, government agencies, and leading research universities
- Helps determine the next steps Varmers needs to take
- Manage product portfolio and use data in product development
- Works closely with Varmers internal stakeholders and with partners to scope project activities for mutual benefit, leading the discussions to an appropriate conclusion; as part of scoping, writes project proposals (Word and PowerPoint) and creates project budgets (Excel)
- Experience leading partners through the project development process from ideation to proposal to sign-off and contract; directly performing the writing and budgeting
- Oversees contract negotiation through to signature, working with Varmers Legal team
- Leads internal sign-off process and creation of relevant documents for all new partner projects
- Manages multiple partners simultaneously to advance the relationship
- Understands new initiatives and how each partner fits into Varmers strategy
Experience and skills
- experience in scoping projects and leading proposals and budgeting; managing client relationships; and working with a portfolio of internal and external partners
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent attention to detail, very organized, and proven time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with people at all levels of an organization in a wide variety of roles
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Highly motivated, outstanding work ethic, mature, and proactive
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts, including technical aspects
- Great monthly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Housing (if needed)
- Plane tickets to home country
- Potential career growth
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a very small company, we work well together because we communicate well with each other. This way, we involve everyone and everyone’s voice is heard.
- Agility – We want you to make mistakes. Well, not preferred obviously. But we want you to make mistakes, find the mistakes, discuss them and solve them. There is no right or wrong way to do things. There are only goals, the road to these goals can differ.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We work with different cultures in and need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key.
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!