In short: As the financial manager you are responsible for all financial aspects of Varmers. You main goal is to constantly be aware of the financial positions of Varmers and report this to the other managers. You report to the CEO and the strategy team.
Varmers is a Bangkok based collaboration between different cultures where Dutch technology and Thai ingenuity are combined. Together, we are trying to change the Thai food landscape for the better.
To do this, we have created our own technological approach and our own modular construction system which allows us to build and maintain new vertical farms every few months. Every vertical farm will have multiple products based on the Thai population’s and the grocery store’s needs.
The Thai population is waiting for this shift. The population is growing, outdoor farming is stressed under rising temperatures and long droughts, the outdoor farmers are moving to big cities to earn more money and smaller cities are rapidly developing into mega cities. This combined gives us the opportunity to build indoor farms fast yet responsibly and to professionalize the farming landscape while maintaining a profitable business model.
As Varmers approaches its first phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
We are looking for people that want to be part of this journey and can contribute with knowledge, skills and solutions.
Work Schedule – 9am-5pm, some weekends and OT may be required
This job can be: full contract.
Varmers is seeking an ambitious and skilled financial manager with significant experience in corporate finance management at a senior level to lead the operations and day-to-day running of the financial functions within the company. The financial manager will work closely under the guidance of senior advisors. The financial manager is expected to play a critical role in adding value to operations as well as strategic initiatives, proactively seeking and recommending improvements across Varmers’ activities.
- Drive, develop, operate, and manage relevant financial functions, including accounting, reporting, operating and analytics systems, budgeting, preparing operating statements, accounts receivable and payable, provide financial and cash flow analysis and forecasting for the University as well as any relevant affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities.
- Work with the relevant executives and junior team members to prepare capital and operating budgets as well as long-range financial projections associated with unit business plans.
- Manage, prepare and be responsible for the consolidation / reconciliation of financials as directed.
- Contribute to key new business efforts, whenever necessary, and with a sense of urgency.
- Assist to develop, recruit, lead, manage and proactively make recommendations on relevant current and new team / units to the best interests financially, operationally, and strategically on behalf of the Group.
- Operate, manage and participate in the development of processes and infrastructure to analyze the economic drivers of the Groups’ business (e.g., overall and subsidiary / investment company with which the company has a material stake, profitability) and provide regular business/financial reports to the Group CEO, relevant management and individual business unit heads.
- Analyze the impact of new growth avenues and ongoing operations as well as make necessary recommendations to optimize profitability.
- Manage, prepare, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and account profitability information.
- Construct and deliver accurate, honest, and timely performance management procedures and documents.
- Participate in strategic and operational investment decision-making.
- Ensure key information is provided to relevant management regarding key business issues and changes.
- Minimize tax leakages throughout the group and its operations.
- Participate in KPI setting and establishing priorities for key strains of work and relevant teams within the Finance and Strategy Department.
- Work with external service providers and auditors to fulfill regulatory and internal requirements.
- Be able to source and work with local partners as needed for area-specific expertise.
- Provide oversight and enforcement of effective internal controls.
- Manage the annual audit and manage relations with the independent auditors.
- View strategic goals in a broader business context.
- Demonstrating strategic thinking and leadership.
- Demonstrate analytical, strategic skills, a deep knowledge of business models and portfolio investments across industries.
- Actively keeping up with current industry trends, financial business, best modern practices, and tools – buying systems, research, resources, and associations etc.
- Build and maintain trusting, collaborative relationships with the Group’s key stakeholders, consultants, service providers and business partners across industries and cultures.
- Build and maintain relationships with banks and help in securing financing.
- Minimum of 10 years of corporate finance / accounting experience in Thailand
- Significant experience in financial management at a highly senior level at reputable companies
- Excellent understanding of Thailand’s accounting system and standards
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related degree/certification
- Extensive experience in implementing, managing, and operating modern financial and business analytics systems.
- Strong financial modeling capabilities
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and research skills
- Ability to analyze data and present key findings both verbally and in written form
- Proficiency in a full suite of Microsoft office produce (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – in both Thai and English (verbally and written.
- Excellent in Excel to Analyze data.
- Great monthly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Housing (if needed)
- Potential career growth
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a very small company, we work well together because we communicate well with each other. This way, we involve everyone and everyone’s voice is heard.
- Agility – We want you to make mistakes. Well, not preferred obviously. But we want you to make mistakes, find the mistakes, discuss them and solve them. There is no right or wrong way to do things. There are only goals, the road to these goals can differ.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We work with different cultures in and need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key.
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!