In short: All goes according to the laws and regulations in the business and country we’re in. You are the one making sure all licences are up to date, all documents are perfect and everyone can work without constraints. You are the close, trusted friend and confidant of all employees and relations of the company. You report to our Chief Legal Officer.
Varmers is a Bangkok based collaboration between different cultures where Dutch technology and Thai ingenuity are combined. Together, we are trying to change the Thai food landscape for the better.
To do this, we have created our own technological approach and our own modular construction system which allows us to build and maintain new vertical farms every few months. Every vertical farm will have multiple products based on the Thai population’s and the grocery store’s needs.
The Thai population is waiting for this shift. The population is growing, outdoor farming is stressed under rising temperatures and long droughts, the outdoor farmers are moving to big cities to earn more money and smaller cities are rapidly developing into mega cities. This combined gives us the opportunity to build indoor farms fast yet responsibly and to professionalize the farming landscape while maintaining a profitable business model.
As Varmers approaches its first phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
We are looking for people that want to be part of this journey and can contribute with knowledge, skills and solutions.
Work Schedule – 9am-5pm, some weekends and OT may be required
This job can be: full contract.
To sustain the company’s growth and expand our services, we are currently looking for a Legal & Compliance Manager– Thailand.
- Ensure accuracy and good quality of the legal documents (e.g. case documents, clarification to the governmental agencies, etc).
- Draft, review, and provide comments on various commercial contracts, particularly those relating to real estate and property development industry.
- Handle the contacts, submissions, and registrations relating to property development with the relevant governmental agencies (if required).
- Liaise with external counsel to ensure that the litigation cases are well-managed and supervised.
- Handle other legal tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Law.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Law (Contract drafting), of which 3 years experience in management level including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating in various areas of law or related fields.
- A lawyer license and Barrister-at-law are preferable.
- Knowledge of contract, commercial, and general business laws and regulations.
- Analytical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Great monthly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Housing (if needed)
- Potential career growth
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a very small company, we work well together because we communicate well with each other. This way, we involve everyone and everyone’s voice is heard.
- Agility – We want you to make mistakes. Well, not preferred obviously. But we want you to make mistakes, find the mistakes, discuss them and solve them. There is no right or wrong way to do things. There are only goals, the road to these goals can differ.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We work with different cultures in and need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key.
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!